(For 4 people)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb 3.5 oz peeled Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 5.5 oz parsnips
- 8 sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- A few fingerling potatoes, steamed
- 4 large smoked salmon slices, diced finely
- Crème fraiche
- Fleur de sel (optional), to serve
- In a cocotte, heat the butter and oil. Add the leek, shallot and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes, without browning.
- Then add the potatoes, parsnip, sage leaves and bay leaf. Cover with water, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium to low heat, covered, for 20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are fork tender. Discard the bay leaf and mix the soup; keep warm.
- Peel the fingerling potatoes and dice them. Heat 1 tablespon oil in a frying pan and add them with the salmon. Brown for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon crème fraiche at the bottom of each plate. Add the soup and garnish with the sauteed potatoes and salmon. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and add chopped parsley.